Keeping your home sanitary can seem like a full-time job. Regular visits from an Atlanta house cleaning service are the best way to reduce demands on your time while maintaining your standards. In between visits, however, it can be a challenge to preserve those conditions. Steal these cleaning hacks from the professionals at Atlanta house cleaning services to keep your home clean and orderly with less effort.
Make It Shine
Stainless steel appliances and fixtures attract dust and fingerprints. Even when the rest of your home is clean, these surfaces can give your space an unkempt look. Use these tips to keep your shiny surfaces glowing.
- Wipe fabric dryer sheets on bathroom mirrors and fixtures to pick up dried-on gunk and film.
- Repel fingerprints and smudges by buffing a thin layer of olive oil onto your stainless steel appliances.
- Add vinegar to your glass cleaner for a streak-free finish. A small handheld squeegee makes cleaning mirrors even easier.
Reflective surfaces are natural focal points. Give these some extra attention to give your home a pulled-together look.
No matter how clean your home is, unpleasant smells will make it feel dirty and uncomfortable. Keep odors under control for a more comfortable home environment.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and warm water. Apply generously to pet stains and around toilets to neutralize urine odors.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil into a cup of baking soda. Sprinkle the infused baking soda on upholstered items, carpets, and beds. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, then vacuum thoroughly. The baking soda will lift away unpleasant smells as the oil adds a pleasing fragrance.
- Take your essential oils in the bathroom too. Just a few drops of your favorite scent on a cardboard toilet tissue roll will keep your bathroom smelling fresh through multiple visits.
Focus on removing the source of the smell rather than masking odors for the best results.
Clear the Air
Fight allergies and respiratory illness while keeping your home clean with these lung-friendly cleaning tips.
- Wrap the blade end of a kitchen knife with a cotton cloth. Dampen the cloth with cleaner and use your tool to fish dirt and junk out of ventilation grates.
- Use your handheld squeegee to whisk pet hairs and loose fabric fibers off of furniture and other surfaces.
- Be sure to give your walls a good wipe down at least once a month to remove clinging dust and allergens.
- Prevent mold from settling into your home during the winter. After a snow day, place boots and shoes in a bucket of rice to thoroughly absorb moisture.
These 10 tips will help you keep your home clean and fresh between visits from your favorite Atlanta maid service.