Cleaning your home may not be high on your want-to-do list, but having a clean home should be a high priority. Dust and dirt are breeding grounds for bacteria and germs, and can exacerbate asthma and other health problems as well as increase the likelihood of greater complications such as mold, mildew, and even household pests such as stinkbugs, springtails, and odorous house ants, all common here in the south. Not only does a clean environment help to keep your family healthier, it also has some surprising benefits. Here are five ways a clean home can impact your life for the better.
- A clean home reduces the risk of injury. Having a place for everything, and everything in its place, means no toys strewn over the floor, no sharp knives perched precariously on the counter’s edge, and walkways you can actually walk through. Especially for small children and the elderly, a tidy home is a safer home.
- Having a clean home can save you money in multiple ways. When your home is clean and tidy, you know where things are, so you can find them when you need them, rather than rush out and buy yet another package of cellophane tape. Not only that, but when your home feels clean, you are more likely to want to spend time there, rather than go out and spend money shopping, dining out, or even just getting coffee to escape the stress of your messy home.
- Your house and belongings will last longer. Normal wear and tear happens. But regular cleaning, and occasional deep cleaning, such as that provided by an Atlanta house cleaning service, extends the life of everything from the paint on your walls to the carpet under your feet. Woodwork benefits from being cleaned and polished, especially wood around windows which are regularly exposed to temperature shifts and moisture (it’s pretty humid down here, after all). Vacuuming furniture keeps dust, dander, and debris from building up, so the fabric doesn’t get stained and worn as quickly. Electronics are less likely to overheat or otherwise malfunction when they are clean and free of dust.
- You will feel more confident when your home is clean. A clean home is means no scrambling to prepare for guests, and no embarrassment when the doorbell rings unexpectedly. Not only that, but you will feel more capable and productive overall.
- When your home is clean, you feel refreshed, and your mood and attitude improve. A less-stressed you is a calmer, happier, nicer you. Your attitude carries over to your interactions with friends and family, and impacts the moods and attitudes of those around you; when everyone is feeling calmer and happier, relationships are enhanced and improved.
Having a clean home means more than just not having to look at the dust and cobwebs in the corners. A clean home yields immediate, tangible results in all areas of your life, from your physical health to your mental health, your wallet, and even your relationships. What are you waiting for? Break out those rubber gloves, or break out the phone book and get help from a professional Atlanta maid service, and start seeing the benefits today.